Followers

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

scraps

My string quilt is coming along and I think at this point I may add some sashing to separate the blocks and call it done and use it for a baby quilt. I am thinking about adding the name of the recipient in the borders using the freestyle letters I so love from Tonya.
It sure is a fun and mindless block that goes together quickly. I actually used a light colored fabric for the foundation which is the middle strip of each block.
This is my first try at string blocks but will certainly not be my last :0). Bonnie has so many great ideas on her site for string quilts.


This baby block and little ribbon tab baby quilt are my interpretation of the project over at the Moda Bake shop done by Nicole this week. She of course used new and delightful Moda prints but I used some scraps. I used a piece of scrap Fleece for the backing and she used the baby friendly minki, but the idea is the same. Which is to have the ribbon tabs sticking out so a baby can play with them. I highly recommend the Moda site for great ideas and tutorials. http://www.modabakeshop.com/.


5 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

I love string quilts ... so many way and they always come out perfect.

Yours is very cute.

Trudi said...

What a great string quilt! Love it Kim! Bonnie is so generous with her patterns :-)

Debby Brown said...

That's MY fabric and you should give it back to me now.

Gorgeous work, as usual. And as usual, I have another bag of scraps for you.

Shirley said...

The string quilt looks like a lot of work. I love t he baby project!

Tonya Ricucci said...

love the strings and so happy to see you're not making them all straight and lined up. there are some angles in there! this will be awesome with some letters.