Followers

Friday, October 5, 2012

Finish it up Friday

  Amanda Jean is back doing her Friday linky party :0)  Yeah and I actually have a finish to show!
And I linked up over at "can I get a Whoop Whoop?" too., come on by and see what everyone is up to.

 Here is my finished little quilt that I made from scraps from a little quilt Mary Ann was piecing while on retreat in Alabama.
China and Mary Ann Pettway led our retreat and didn't so much teach but set up a spiritual atmosphere conducive to creativity, full of suggestions, inspiration and support in each persons vision for her own quilt.   I found out they will be back at Camp McDowell again this Spring, if you can go I sure would not miss the chance to quilt with these wonderful ladies from Gee's Bend.  ( email Sarah Nee at folkschool@campmcdowell.com for more information. ) No affiliation just a happy camper :0)
  Happy Sewing, Kim


Mary Ann's signature

China's autograph too :0)

Add caption

Finished and hanging at the top of my stairs so I can see it everyday :0).

10 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

It looks so great!! And your quilting is perfect.

Candace said...

It's absolutely beautiful. I'll bet it's a focal point.

Miki Willa said...

This is beautiful! I love these colors and the quilting is really great.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great scrap quilt. Love the hint of orange.

JanetK said...

That is gorgeous! Your handquilting looks so perfect too - whoop whoop!

beth said...

It's beautiful! Love all that hand quilting!

Sara said...

Great solid colors and yes the quilting is right on---adore this!

Sarah Craig said...

Wow, that's a great quilt - I love the colors that you chose! Whoop whoop!!

Pomegranate Quilts said...

Beautiful quilt. Great job.
And I want to hear more about this retreat... how did China and Mary Ann create a spiritual, supportive and inspirational atmosphere? It sounds like heaven on earth.

Bonnie Hull said...

Sweet Kim...how's your hand-jive coming? xo