Followers

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Oh and here is the stash for " Christmas Lights"


Bonnie is starting a new mystery.....so naturally I started pulling fabric from my stash to play along. Well what did I find? My box of foundation-pieced pineapple blocks! Hey, these are just like what Bonnie has been working on. All the paper is still on the backs of my squares and I got in the habit of putting the date on the back whenever I finished a block......it takes longer than you think to sew 45 little pieces of fabric to a 6 inch square of paper!
I started these in June of 1999 and I only have 48 done. The pattern I started making was by Betty Lenz of Marshall, Missouri and was published in " Better Homes and Gardens American Patchwork& Quilting" magazine April 1999 issue #37. She made 120 foundation-pieced blocks surrounded by a 9.5 inch border where she appliqued vines, flowers, leaves and pomegranates . Then she added seed beads to the applique!.........I wonder if I'll ever finish this quilt? She named it "Scrap Apple" and won second-place in the mixed techniques category of the 1996 Silver Dollar City quilt contest.

No comments: