Followers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Spider web with selvedges


                                Just a little fun experimenting with selvedges.  I have been sewing selvedges
                                onto used dryer sheets and I decided to use them on this project.  It will make a
                                cute baby quilt or maybe a QOV depending on the size it becomes.  Cute but
                                way too time consuming using my method.  ( Bonnie K. Hunter has a better method
                                on her web site) You can see many scraps from my recent  "Carolina Christmas"                                  finish I made over the holidays plus many  donated scraps from Debby.

6 comments:

Pokey said...

Very nice, Kim! It has a nice feel, love that you can use leftovers.

I have one of these one my goal sheet for the year, and I find it a bit more work than the simple strings. I can say, mine will not be a large one!

Lynne said...

I love it - the white from the selvedges brings some uniformity to it and its a lovely fresh piece of work.
Lynne, RidgeAndFurrow.

Cheryl Willis said...

looking great! cw

Debby Brown said...

once the quilt is done, can i have my fabric back? ;-)

i have a HUGE bag of selvedges ready for your next project.

Cath Ü said...

was this your Friday night sew in project... looks good..
Cath Ü

Sandy said...

Very cute quilt...I am partial to red lately!! Great Sew-In.