Followers

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Home again

Posies as a Christmas tree like Jackie suggested :0)

Have any suggestions on how this could become a quilt?  It think it might look cute raw edge quilted on  a pieced back ground..even though this is only a layout I'm posting with Crazy Mom Quilts  because I am so happy to be able to blog again :0).  Happy Sewing, Kim
Christmas visit to  Brooklyn

You never know who you'll meet in the subways

This rat was having a Christmas feast
DH  with Jenny Egg

The top of the Empire State building on our walk home from the subway.


 After 10 days away in NYC we arrived home in a snow storm, got 6 inches of snow overnight and lost power for 3 hours.  All is well after clearing the snow, getting our mail and settling back into our home :0).  I hope everyone had the Merriest Christmas ever and we all have a blessed 2013 with more random acts of love and kindness.  Happy Sewing, Kim


7 comments:

Debby Brown said...

ewwwww -- rats!

Welcome home. Glad the power is back on.

Pokey said...

Glad you got home safe, and the power returned. It sure makes for long days without the way to sew for the housebound creator. I sure like the posies, Kim, I've always wanted to try my hand at those ~
:-}pokey

beth said...

Oooh! I love that Christmas tree! I'd love to make one JUST like it! Glad you got home safe and things are almost(?) back to normal. ;)

Mary Keasler said...

those posies do make a wonderful tree! good job.

Barb said...

welcome home! yikes, I've actually seen a rat in NYC
Those posies sure are cute as a tree!

Sciv said...

Happy New Year, Kim! I often think of the fun I had with you at the Gees Bend retreat last spring - you are a wonderful teacher. Hope you and your family are all well.

Chris said...

I LOVE the posie tree! It would be great as a simple wall hanging - or with more applique/piecing...it would also be stunning as the centerpiece of a medallion style quilt. So happy and fun!