Followers

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I've been sewing :0)

Lori and Randy are having a sew along and I thought it would be a good first project to do in my new half set up sewing room :0) because I've been itching to stitch. You can come over and see what others are doing on the sew along here on Lori's blog.

 I've never tried machine applique  until this project so it is not a work of art but a darn good start if I don't say so myself :0)
I finished it just in time to link up over at WIP Wednesday why not drop by and see what everyone is up to ?

Happy Sewing, Kim

My first try at machine applique

A visitor in the back yard........I must be back in the South!

10 comments:

jan said...

I think it looks great. I have always been intimidated by appliques - machine or hand! Found you through WIP Wednesday!
Have fun]
Jan @ sewandsowfarm

Nancy said...

Like your version of this block and the appliqué looks great.
I still haven't picked the fabrics for mine.

Jane said...

I love it! Never would have thought it was your first attempt.

Anonymous said...

I remember skinks from our time in W.C.,N.C.

Cute applique!

Nat Palaskas said...

Well done with the applique block. I wouldn't have known if it was machine applique - Hugs Nat

Nifty Quilts said...

I think you've met your match with the machine appliqué. Really wonderful!

Karen said...

Such a good choice of fabric for the vase.

Lori said...

I love your block and am so glad you tried the machine applique!!

Anonymous said...

Love you fabric choices for this block. It makes me smile!

julieQ said...

What a very pretty block...love what you have done!