Followers

Friday, October 12, 2012

Gwen's retreat: Meet Julie

Julie came with Sharon from Indiana, they had a great time together too.
Well these two ladies were really rocking the scarves and could tie them all
these cool ways.  I got scarf lessons from them both :0).
Julie was working real tiny, she came with some portion of these tumblers already
started and was trying out different borders to make her medallion.  Julie
had the silkiest, grey, sparkling, hair you have ever seen and a wicked sense
of humor :0).  We had some good laughs and lots of fun sewing time!
A treat to meet you Julie and I am wearing scarves again :0).

I forgot to tell you Julie has a quilt in Gwen's " Liberated Medallion Quilts" book on page 88 called  "Deer in the Headlights",  it is machine quilted by Kathy Dye.  Julie really knows how to use color and design a quilt!  

Happy Sewing,  Kim
Meet Julie, those are tiny little tumblers in the center

Okay sorry that is a bad picture of Gwen but check out Julie's scarf!

Julie rocking another great scarf

Julie's medallion taking shape and yet another terrific scarf look.


 




3 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Another gorgeous quilt! I want scarf lessons too. When will we get to see yours?

Helen said...

What a great time you all had. Wish I could have been there!!

Cathy said...

Isn't Gwen marvelous. I was lucky enough to take a class with her at a guild retreat. I live in Michigan and have not had the opportunity to go to one of her retreats. It is on my wish list. Hugs