Followers

Friday, February 3, 2012

Ho Ho Ho

pin basting


This little table topper is completely inspired by other peoples blogs, I'm  sorry I can't find the url of this Ho Ho Ho quilt but I started it a year ago.

(Kathie found the url for me to share from "fun with Barb and Mary" )


  The H's and O's are nine patch blocks.  The quilting is inspired but not as well done as the quilting I saw at
" Life under quilts" but it is my first try :0).  Also, this is my first attempt to machine apply binding from
"Crazy Mom Quilts"  tutorial too.
Go see what every one else has finished over at Finish it up Fridays with "Crazy Mom Quilts" .



Happy Sewing,
Kim
machine quilting
 



just gently curving lines as inspired by "Lifeunderquilts"

machine applied binding front and back, with help from CrazyMomQuilts tutorial.

It's all done and ready to give for next Christmas!

11 comments:

antique quilter said...

very cute version of Barb's quilt,, Fun with BArb blog, its on my list to make too!
I love your color choices and oh the way you quilted it very fun
kathie

Frog Quilter said...

I love it. Nice quilting and the binding is perfect. :-)

Mary said...

I love the quilting technique you used. Very nice job.

beth said...

ooh! You're so on top of things. A Christmas gift already??? :0 What a fun quilt!

Nifty Quilts said...

Wow! You're ahead of the holiday rush. Cute quilt!

Claire Jain said...

Ooooh! That's festive. I love the striped border!

Richard Healey said...

I love it that is a great idea.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com

Allison said...

such a cute pattern! I love the backing and binding fabrics :)

Bonnie said...

It took my eyes awhile to get it. I love the ho, ho, ho-ness of it. I too have used the wavy line quilting line and am quite fond of it. Hope your machine binding went well.

Cathy said...

Love the quilting. I think it is some thing I could do. Hugs

Barb said...

Your version turned out great!
I love your binding!