Followers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Too Scrappy

 
Japanese X block
Sometimes I wonder if scrappy is just too much. Does it come off  as a better quilt if it has a unifying color
instead of just randomly picking scraps and sewing them together?  What do you think?
   I started these awhile ago then jumped into Scrap  attack  but when I put this little quilt up on my design board to have a look........ well it might just be too much going on!  I think it is hard to see what the block started off to be. So I think I am going to stop here and quilt it for a baby quilt.  Time to move onto the next project.

Happy Sewing, Kim

12 comments:

Ailsa (Cape Pincushion) said...

This quilt is amazing! I love the scrappiness, it makes it look so spontaneous and lively. Your colour choices are brilliant!

Bonnie said...

You are right sometimes scrap turns to mush. You could try a narrow sashing. I found that helps sometimes or as you said some unifying element. This quilt has great colors and will make a great baby quilt. You are right when a quilt no longer speaks to you its time to quit.

Unknown said...

I agree with Bonnie, a very narrow sashing may just calm it slightly and then you might just fall in love!

julieQ said...

I love it!! Is there such a thing as too much scrappy???

Char said...

All of my quils are scrappy. I love this one. Maybe you could add a narrow border which will kind of contain it. Use a domainant color or fabric.

beth said...

MMmm. I like this one. ;)

Miki Willa said...

I love the scrappiness of this one. I wonder what a solid sashing would do for it. Great colors!

Pokey said...

It is only too scrappy if you were going for the design to pop. Looks good to me!
:-}pokey

Nifty Quilts said...

Never too scrappy in my view. I absolutely love it!!

Nat Palaskas said...

Sometimes it works. I like the color in this quilt - Hugs Nat

Diane Harris, Stash Bandit said...

I love this piece! Yes, there's a lot going on, but it's very interesting. I have cut a bunch of these blocks in every conceivable fabric for a retreat next week. I can't wait to get started! I hope mine is as wonderful as yours.

Chris said...

I just finally saw this, it is wonderful! Can't have too much scrappiness - or chocolate! Seriously, it's lovely!